Description of Issue
The machine loses power at random times and reboots to the main menu.
Causes include: other machines are on the same power circuit (including unexpected items like AC units, compressors, refrigerators, and sump pumps), a faulty power supply, a faulty controller, a faulty power switch, or a short somewhere in the machine.
- Check to see that the machine is plugged into a dedicated circuit and is also not on an extension cord. Try another outlet somewhere else in the house to verify that the circuit is not the issue.
- Check and see if there are any common variables in the random reboots (position in Y or Z, location in the project, etc.)
- UNPLUG THE MACHINE and remove the machine’s bottom cover. Check the seating of all of the connectors to the power supply, controller and ON/OFF switch. Plug in the machine and test again.
- The next likely candidate is a faulty power supply. Send the customer a power supply.
- If none of the above steps solves the issue consult with CarveWright Service.