Description of Issue
The machine appears to have no power because nothing is displayed on the LCD screen when the machine is turned on.
Machine not plugged in, no power to the outlet, machine not turned on, contrast knob for the LCD turned too far down, faulty LCD display, faulty power supply, faulty power-strip, cut wire, loose wire
- Verify that the ON/OFF switch is in the proper position.
- Check that the power-strip is ON and functioning.
- Verify that there is power to the outlet (have them plug it in somewhere else).
- Check that the contrast knob on the keypad is not turned all the way down (to the left). Rotate the knob to the extremes in both directions
- Check that the memory card is inserted.
- Check to see if power is getting to the machine even though the display is blank. Turn the machine completely OFF, wait 30 seconds, and the move Z-truck up and down and the Y truck left and right while noting how much resistance there is to moving them. Then turn the machine ON and feel the resistance again. If resistance is greater than it was before but still nothing shows up on the LCD, go to “LCD is Blank” troubleshooting section. If the resistance is the same when it is both ON and OFF we are not getting power to the machine.
- Hit the “7” (Measure) key on the keypad to see if it begins the homing routine. If it begins to move then the LCD screen is faulty
- UNPLUG THE MACHINE and remove the machine’s bottom cover. Check the seating of all of the connectors to the power supply, controller and ON/OFF switch. Plug in the machine and test again.
- If none of the above steps solves the issue consult with CarveWright Service.