- Always Download the latest version of software from the CarveWright website. If you have an old Software CD, throw it in the trash.
- If you installed software from a disk from before 2011, you will need to uninstall via your Windows Control Panel before installing latest version.
- If you purchased a USED CarveWright, the previous owner’s registration must be removed. Send proof of purchase and machine serial number to email@example.com. Project Designer BASIC is free for all registered CarveWright Systems. No other licenses are transferable.
- Download the installer from the CarveWright website.
If you are using MS Edge and Defender is preventing it from downloading, you may need to disable the security settings in the browser. Follow these steps
2. Run the installer.
Windows Defender may try to “protect your PC” If it does, click “More Info” and then “Run Anyway”
3. Next, you may see at screen asking if you want to allow the software to make changes. Click Yes. After that, the installer will run normal.
Download the DMG from the CarveWright website. Open the DMG file and a window will display showing the Designer icon and the application folder icon. Drag the Designer Icon into the Application folder. Then double click on the application folder to open it.
In the application folder, find the Designer icon and double click on it to open. You will see a message saying Designer can’t be opened because it can’t be checked for malicious software. Click OK.
Then right-click on the Designer icon and select Open. This time the popup will give you an option to Open the software. Once this is done, it will open without these messages again.