There are a number of possible causes for this “GUI.exe has stopped running” error. The first step is to verify the installation is not corrupted and installed correctly.
If you encounter a “gui.exe” crash after installing the software using the procedure listed in the installation document, you may need to make a few minor system adjustments in the application. Use the following instructions to make the minor changes:
- In the Carvewright Designer software application, select “Edit” in the menu bar.
- Under the “Edit” menu, there is an option labeled “Preferences”. Click it to open the “Preferences” dialog box.
- On the “Preferences” dialog box, you will see an area labeled “Memory Cache”. It is defaulted it 16 MB. Change this to 256 MB.
- Click on the “3D Graphics” tab, and under the “Hardware Acceleration” options, change it to “Off”.
- Click the “OK” button to accept the changes. You will be prompted that the changes will take effect next time the software is ran. Close out of the software and re-open it for the changes to take effect.
If this doesn’t solve the problem move to step 6
- Under the “Help” menu, there is an option labeled “Disable File Previews”. Click this to turn off file previews.
If none of these steps solves the problem, locate your cwlog.txt file under your users/CarveWright/ folder and email that file to support.